After asking a few general questions suggested in "The Dreamer's Journal" by Barbara Moore, and not getting much in the way of good answers, I decided to come up with a couple questions of my own to try my hand at 3-card spreads. Until this point, I'd only been using 1-card spreads, which I've decided I have little use for (besides daily morning readings, which I'll get to later).
I used a basic outline illustrated in the book, a vertical spread that looked something like this:

1. Where I am
3. Where I want or don't want to be
2. How I end up there
I changed the wording a bit from what was in the book, because this suited my ends better. The original version was 1. Where I am, 2. Where I want to be, and 3. How to get there, which works just fine if the outcome is positive, but since mine was a warning, I needed to change it up.
The question - What do I need to do to be successful in the future?
For (1) I drew the Fool, for (3) the Ace of Pentacles Rx, and the 4 of Pentacles for (2).
The accuracy of the reading shocked me. Until that moment, I didn't fully expect them to work. I hoped they would, but I'd mostly convinced myself that was an empty wish.
Interpretation:
Where I am (the Fool) - My present position is full of choices and many possible paths I could take into the future. As a freshman in college, this is exactly true.
Where I want/don't want to be (the Ace of Pentacles, reversed) - My future goals are faced with bad luck. My plans will not take root as expected.
How I end up there (4 of Pentacles) - The path to my outcome, which is not at all bright, embodies my fears regarding the future and the fact that it isn't set in stone. If I continue to hold onto my plans so tightly, I'll develop an unhealthy, controlling view of the future, which will affect my goals negatively. This describes perfectly what I've been doing with my college career, backing myself into corners trying to have a dozen back-up plans to force my foremost plan to come to light. It's kept me awake many nights, and is something I apparently need to stop.
Conclusion (the answer to the question) - To be successful, I need to remain open-minded about the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment